Thursday, March 21, 2024

Eternal enemies

Another Rome vs Carthage game with my playtester Peter. A Carthaginian expeditionary force lands in Italy and starts sowing murder and mayhem all about it. A Consular army of four scratch legions is raised to wipe the Carthaginian menace from the map. About the closest Optio game I've ever played.

I took the photos for this game using a tripod for my camera, so the images will all be from the same POV. I also formatted the battle report to be more cellphone-friendly: portrait orientation with larger text. Enjoy!

Click here for battle report.



7 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it. A real nail-biter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a lot of figures on the table but a really exciting and interesting game. I'm looking forward to trying out Optio myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 24 and 28 bases. The sweet spot for games these days seems to be around 30 bases: big enough not to be a skirmish but small enough to give a relatively quick game.

      I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes. Optio's mechanisms are quite different to other games so there is some acclimatisation. Feel free to critique anything you don't like. That's the point of the exercise. :-)

      Delete
  3. Might even get a game in now I have a laptop that allows me to do stuff

    ReplyDelete